Who Pays for Our Services?
Alpha Omega’s care is fully covered by Medicare and Medicaid, in which case patients pay nothing… ever.
Alpha Omega also works with a extensive list of private insurers.
- Covers extensive collection of interdisciplinary services plus all medications, medical supplies and medical equipment related to the hospice diagnosis
- Includes routine home care, general inpatient care, respite care and continuous care
- If Medicare is being billed for hospice care, patients can still bill Medicare Part A for any unrelated and pre-existing issues
- Most Medicaid services are known as a “mirror” benefits
- If patients reside in a nursing facility, the facility will continue to receive room and board reimbursements if hospice is chosen
- If patients do not qualify for Medicare or Medicaid, private insurance will often cover the associated expenses
- Alpha Omega works with a large and growing number of insurers including Commonwealth Care Alliance, Tufts, GIC, BC (non-HMO), Martins Point, United and Network Health
- Referrals require prior authorization for hospice services, with which Alpha Omega can help
No one is denied service because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, diagnosis, or inability to pay for services provided.